Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Sure, but...

That's not quite what I meant. When I say 'ownership', I mean rights to the revenue. 

I didn't invest in POET to treat my money like a donation to charity. I hope for a financial return on my investment. In order to achieve a return, POET needs to make money. In order for POET to make money, they need to record revenue themsevles instead of having some obscure and unverifiable accounting line item from the SPX JV carry over.

Again...POET management needs to do everything in their power to keep 800G engine rights ($$$) away from SPX. If SPX gets those rights, then the only revenue POET will record is from POET-branded module sales and light sources. That's not horrible, but I believe a bigger business can be built by supplying the engines to everyone versus some modules to a few. Personally I'm not here to be invested in a module maker. That's only good for a valuation of 2-3x sales according to some recent market activity. The SEDAR filing last night shows that the 'ownership' of 800G engines is still up in the air. Good. 

There is no denying this technology is innovative, it works, and is commercializing. However, that's only part of the equation in terms of evaluating and making a sound investment. 

I'm not trying to be alarmist, but I'm sure there's some here that have direct access to management and frequently communicate. Put pressure on them. 

Cheers.

New Message
Please login to post a reply