Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Phil Alsop of Pic Magazine interview with Suresh Venkatesan

For those who harp on near term revenue is the only way POET will provide value need to re re re read these statements below, Suresh is building platform capabilities with credible customers which will extend multi technology cycles which provides exponentially more value to shareholders than focusing attention on pumping out legacy 100g engines to show revenue. 

I think the you know, I mean, it you know, I I guess the way I look at it is, you know, we've got a 100 gigabit per second solutions. We've got some customers. They're designing us in, you know, and if and when they ramp, which they would, I think, soon, you know, we're gonna supply them. That that is not where our focus right now is. Our focus right now is to capitalize on the large opportunities at 800 gig, and and ensure that customers know and understand that our platform is scalable to 3.2 t. It's really important. You know? I mean, it's as a start up, it's it's, it's often difficult. You're chasing near term revenue, but you are a new company. You're a new technology. You've you know? And you have to show that the investment that a customer puts into you for differentiation is is is a long term play, and it's not something that it's a one and done or a one note. So you always have to also be kind of at that leading edge, and that becomes a balance. Because, of course, if you put all our focus on 3.2 t, that revenue is not gonna show up till, you know, much later, but it's also an important flag to plant. Because, you know, if we plant that flag, then people are like, okay. Let's work with them now. And, you know, we know that there's gonna be a solution with them, you know, 4 years or 5 years from now. So, yeah, I think, you know, we we we do have this focus on getting the 800 gig products to the market, but at the same time, we have a a a a an aggressive plan to showcase our technology up at the 3.2 terabit levels over the course of the next year. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply