Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

That is incorrect. I implore you to take the time to read the entirety of the SPX JV agreement alongside the September 6th filing. 

This langauge comes directly from the filing and it also mentions the engines are for a North America customer. 

Per the JV agreement, SPX has rights to sell (and keep the revenue/profit/loss) 100G and 200G OEs worldwide, and 400G in Asian territories. 

For 400G engines outside of Asian territory, POET must purchase the OEs from SPX first (SPX must approve the customer, too). Section 5.2 through 5.4 explain this. 

It is reasonable to conclude that most of the $17k in revenue to SPX is POET purchasing 400G engines for sampling for the Multilane collaboration. Why no revenue to POET for these? Because more often than not, they're given out for free. 

I'm sure once you read the Agreement you'll understand why I've said several times that the "ownership" of 800G engines (ie revenue) is CRITICAL. It is undetermined per the September filing. I consider 400G and below to be worthless to POET since SPX has complete control. If SPX gets rights to 800G, that would be absolutely devastating for us here. That is the only question that needs to be answered and ASAP. 

None of the recent, fancy PR's mean a damn thing if SPX gets the rights to 800G. 

So call your local representative lol...

Management obviously understands this more than any of us here, so I am sure ultimately the right decision will be made and is in process. I hope the next PR on the supply chain/manufacturing front explicitly states SPX has not been granted those rights. It should purely be a contract manufacturing partnership, not a joint venture or a license. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply