Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

One of those mysteries of life HOGANJ (inside ownership as reported).  I suspect it will be clarified at some point but it is strange. On another note we do see some clarification on the lack of NRE that the forum was very concerned about in the last Q.

In Q2 2024, POET had no revenues versus $177,390 in Q2 2023. We said last year that we expect the company to book only product sales from now on. Most customers are past the initial design phase and will be buying product. At this stage, NREs, if charged, are relatively small, and the company has been known to waive such fees in return for naming the customer.

It has been said that many companies do not charge for samples. Will POET apply that practice? Maybe it is customer dependent.

Hopefully we will soon see the newsletter and an update on production plans outside of China.

It is interesting to ponder the changes that have taken place so quickly as it relates to the growth of the data center. It was not that long ago that GaAs based VCSEL at 850nm were the workhorse of the data center. They were great for short reach and had/have many beneficial operating strengths. Suresh made the correct call to move towards the Optical Interposer with the ability to implement multiple channels in single mode fiber through WaveLength Division Multiplexing along with the ability to mix and match material sets. The short reach VCSEL based multimode fiber does not meet the growing needs of the industry. Multimode fiber is very large in diameter and easy to couple but photons bounce off the walls producing high bit error (photons emitted are not received at the same time thus error control is required producing latency and complexity). Industry is being driven to EML solutions from the top. And POET is in the thick of it. Remember that. Suresh said that they were now ahead of the market in the path to commercializing 1.6T. But we know how fast changes can occur and we know how quickly and flexible POET’s Optical Interposer platform is at achieving new designs. 

I am very confident that POET is being recognized as a solution to many issues confronting that industry today. I think lift off is going to be sweet when the market openly recognizes this.

The one thing I would like to understand is that POET has already worked with Mitsubishi’s 200 G EML which applies PAM4 modulation. I believe that the 400G EML is the same design but achieves 400G using a more advanced modulation technique at PAM6. So in theory POET should have a big leg up here.

This is all very complicated stuff and there is no wonder that the market is having difficulty recognizing what POET’s Optical Interposer represents to industry in achieving their goals.

New Message
Please login to post a reply