TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

May 28, 2008 06:29AM
May 28, 2008 07:09AM

Hi DM!

It is my understanding that KXL is bound to release any material news promptly, and that would include significant drilling results. However, there is some leverage for interpretation, and thus many companies handle their NRs differently.

KXL could claim that they have already established that strong potential exists at Hercules with several drills turning, and therefore they do not have to immediately issue news every time they get a drill core assay in hand. They could make the assumption that its more valuable to wait for many drill core assays and an updated data interpretation to be completed before putting out more news on the whole basket.

I think the hand-wringing over 'delays' in reporting is a big red herring floated by a few traders trying to prompt some selling presure. It is never carved in stone when data may be reported and what the timing may be to get a report from a lab. KXL has been very thorough and professional up to this point in their disclosure, and it makes sense that they would want to keep shareholders updated.

More to the point, some people seem to lack the patience and understanding of the sector that is necessary to be successful with this kind of stock play. Their appreciation of time is challenged and they expect immediate gratification. I do not think it is up to management to advance things in 'dog years' just to keep a few antsy shareholders appeased. The more realistic investors will conclude that KXL has moved this along at a rapid pace and accomplished great things during what is a very overheated time for the entire sector.

I did speak to the company today and asked about pending assays. They gave me the usual answer: the work is ongoing and they have been sending batches of samples to be assayed on a regular basis. I was also told that I will be shocked when I see how much more has been done at surface than when the last time I visited the property in October. I think that is good news.

cheers!

mike

May 28, 2008 04:16PM
May 28, 2008 04:36PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply