TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free
Message: Re: inflation vs deflation-OT, also when news comes
tau
Nov 25, 2008 03:34AM

Nov 25, 2008 06:48AM
Nov 25, 2008 06:55AM

Nov 25, 2008 07:24AM

I think it is tough to find a case for rampant inflation today (maybe last summer!). Energy prices are falling, I hear prices in the malls are falling to lure in wary consumers. Oh yeah, ag commodities too. If there are as many lay offs as people are talking about, there won't be huge wage increases (maybe roll backs), which is an inflationary pull. The one wild card is the US dollar, and my money is Cdn$. There wasn't hyper inflation everywhere during the Weimar Rep fiasco. That said, I think predicting that for the US is a bit of a stretch.

Inflation is basically the velocity of money, and I think with higher unemployment and people's PF's being sliced, the speed may slow to a crawl, like Baggins after a gallon of moonshine. I believe it is in deflationary times when gold does it's best.

Re News. Won't we be a yr or more before a deal with a major is a possibility? The line has always been that KXL won't sell until we know what we've got, and with no deep drilling, aren't we a long way from that? Would not complain about a $8 "special dividend" right now for sale of a parcel, but think it is more than a yr away. But I am kinda new to this.

Cheers!

New Message
Please login to post a reply