A World leader in advanced plasma processes

Being commercialized in multiple applications around the world including plasma torches, Industrial 3D printing powders, aluminum & zinc dross recovery, waste management and defence - 4 US aircraft carriers

Free
Oct 06, 2017 12:49AM
Oct 09, 2017 02:07PM
Oct 12, 2017 08:27PM

Dear 101, 

I get a sense there might be a touch of cynicism in your question and I cannot understand why. I am thinking that your handle (“101”) might refer to either the chem class you are taking or your home room number… I haven’t figured it out yet, but both would explain a lot.

I think it is important to remind you that our success to date with some of the most discerning clients in the world lends itself to the highest level of credibility not common amongst companies of any size, and probably (given your question), not one you are used to dealing with.  My point being is simply that, instead of trying to prove what we are saying is wrong…take the news for what it is and move on.  I don’t mind explaining and/or providing additional insight/clarifications to our Press Releases, but I find it insulting, and a waste of time for me and our company to “prove” what we are saying is correct.  If you have any doubt about a management’s credibility I suggest you do not invest in the company; that simple.

However, out of respect for the time you took to ask the question, let me put you and your Chemistry prof at ease and answer as follows:

We use a combination of quantitive and semi-quantitative methods to measure sample purity.  Both HPQ and ourselves have reported in our respective press releases all the details on the testing method used.  I am sure you and your chemistry professor can review these reports and we would welcome any input on these tried and true testing methods widely used in industry.

More importantly, and to give you and your professor added comfort, it should be noted that we employ independent world renown laboratories to perform these tests.  These labs perform such tests day in and day out, and I would venture to guess that they  understand these methods you question far better than your Professor…in fact given your question, I am certain of it.

With respect to your request to educate your chem. prof (as he wants to know how we test for Silicon Carbide (SiC) in a silicon matrix and is very interested in our test method) I will have to respectively decline the request.  First, I find it strange that any prof worth his weight cannot understand the basics of what we are doing, and second, and probably most importantly, that’s not our job here and not a useful use of company assets. Our purpose is to preform and report….and to try and provide reasonable clarifications when required.  Our purpose is not to educate professors who should know better.  However, if he is willing to pay for such knowledge we might, as a one off, make an exception (I say one off because what we target is recurring revenue streams which this wouldn’t be one…. or given the nature of the question I guess an argument could be made that it would be… hmmm).

In conclusion, and moving forward, we will continue to report, as we have in the past, on the technical progress that we are making with the process, including sample purity, and we welcome you and your prof, to continue following our progress in our press releases. 

Happy hunting.  Hope you ace your class.

P. Peter Pascali

CEO

PyroGenesis Canada Inc.

Oct 14, 2017 11:05PM
Oct 15, 2017 09:32PM
Oct 15, 2017 11:24PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply