A World leader in advanced plasma processes

Being commercialized in multiple applications around the world including plasma torches, Industrial 3D printing powders, aluminum & zinc dross recovery, waste management and defence - 4 US aircraft carriers

Free

Dear Tom,

Thank-you for posting here.

I have tried to asnwer your questions below, after each question.

Hope this helps

Peter

1.       There is a Drosrite paper written by Mr. Pierre Carabin and others at PyroGenesis website : http://www.pyrogenesis.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/3.-2012-09-Drosrite-Plus-COM-2012-Paper.pdf . It is a bit old. For the most part, is it still up to date with the technology? I think it is a very good paper to understand Drosrite.

Actually, it has gotten better with time/experience.  There have been some changes for the positive.    For example, GHG reduction is now 0.5 T/t of dross instead of 0.2 t/T, because of the ability/potential to recycle the residue in the electrolytic cells.  Our DROSRITE BD manager has recently published a white paper on LinkedIn with more recent information which you can find here: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/aluminum-dross-stop-burning-your-bottom-line-david-d-aoust/

2.       The dross composition vary from an aluminium smelting process to another, or should I say from a smelter to another one. There is an American client, there has been some demos around the world. And the paper I mentionned previously talk about some tests too. Is there some kind of aluminium dross composition that Drosrite cannot handle? Does the dross chemical composition impact Drosrite aluminium recovery success?

The original content of aluminum in the dross will affect how much aluminum metal is recovered, not the ability to recover it.  DROSRITE is quite flexible in the types of dross it can treat as it is capable of handling both white and black dross.

3.       There is a ratio of dross produced to the amount of primary aluminium production. I have read different numbers, but one was 2.5% of dross per tonne of aluminium produced. Is it plausible?

The 2.5% level is a reasonable assumption for a world average.  This being said, that amount will vary widely from plant to plant.

4.       On a different topic : in due time, do you plan to move Pyrogenesis from the Venture to the TSX senior board?

That is a loaded question Tom…and you saved it to last.  Let me see how I can answer that without going too far:

I believe it behooves a CEO/CFO to ensure that his stock trades on the best platforms available to it with a view of increasing visibility and investor interest.  I consider the TSX senior board to be one which should be considered as a possible next logical step up for PyoGenesis

New Message
Please login to post a reply