A World leader in advanced plasma processes

Being commercialized in multiple applications around the world including plasma torches, Industrial 3D printing powders, aluminum & zinc dross recovery, waste management and defence - 4 US aircraft carriers

Free

I was doing some readin today about ocean water desalination, the process in which you make ocean water drinkable.

There are apparently over 16,000 desal plants worldwide, with a large amount of them using Reverse Osmosis, and a small amount using a thermal process that seems to use fossil fuels. 

There is also another negative byproduct of desalination, and that is the leftover brine. It is filled with salt and other minerals, and usually gets pumped straight into the ocean, which can create high salt concentrations and destroy aquabased ecosystems.

I am unsure if these plans are government run, or if they are private. Imagine though, if you will, a clean and green Pyrogenesis torch producing the heat to create drinking water, followed by a process built by pyrogenesis to turn the brine into byproducts that are marketable and could produce income for the plants! Apparently in some areas there is even uranium found in the brine.

I also read that desalination might have a growing future, on account of snowpack melting worldwide, and many places currently derive drinking water from snowpack.

Anyways, just sharing thoughts,

Cheers to all!

Sep 05, 2020 05:47PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply