A World leader in advanced plasma processes

Being commercialized in multiple applications around the world including plasma torches, Industrial 3D printing powders, aluminum & zinc dross recovery, waste management and defence - 4 US aircraft carriers

Free

Nov 13, 2020 11:35AM

Dear Hilbertk,

Thank you for your question. 

Unfortunately, burning syngas or butanol will inherently result in the production of CO2, as CO2 is one of the combustion products resulting from making CO in the syngas and butanol react with the oxygen in air.

Combustion reactions at play are:

For syngas: CO +1/2 O2 -> CO2

For butanol: C4H10O  + 6 O2 = 4 CO2 + 5 H2O

CO2 is the main greenhouse gas of concern. As such, a plasma torch will not prevent the emission of GHG in this case.

Plasma torches could be used to enhance combustion efficiency of some difficult to combust fuels such as some heavy oils.  However, this is not the focus of our current strategy.  Our main focus is to replace the CO2 emitting fuels entirely with clean electricity, using plasma.

Now with respect to your main question…product placement…I am seriously at my limit for the week: I can handle all these questions (even one on Uncle Ron)…I can handle some love from MidtownGuy…I can even handle the fact that George sabotages my interviews so he looks good…but I could never EVER wear a Bruins or Oilers shirt…there are some limits in my job description and it clearly says in black and white that I would never ever have to wear a Bruins or Oilers shirt for the company…

;-)

Hope that helps,

Have  a great weekend.

Peter

Nov 13, 2020 08:23PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply