A World leader in advanced plasma processes

Being commercialized in multiple applications around the world including plasma torches, Industrial 3D printing powders, aluminum & zinc dross recovery, waste management and defence - 4 US aircraft carriers

Free
Message: Aubert & Duval (A&D) being bought by Airbus, Safran, and Aerospace Fund

Tim,

You bring up a good point.  But on the negative side, the article states that Aubert & Duval's business has been cut by a third because of the virus.  That is NOT good for PYR powder sales in the short term.

Regards, Snowdrift

Yes, I saw that too.  It "has" been a negative... but... "Short term" is the operative phrase.  I think the most important short term take away is that A&D are financially vulnerable and 'the trio', Airbus and friends, are essentially taking advantage of this weakness to gain a longer term advantage.  So it begs the question... what is the longer term.

In my opinion, I already see vaccinations starting earlier this week... Soon to follow... the end to lockdowns, and a gradual resumption of our planet spinning once again at something near the old normal.  I think people will get back on airplanes for business and vacation in unprecidented numbers once again.... but there will likely need to be some changes to the industry.   I think this news is a message that some in the airline industry are preparing to press every advantage in every business vertical that they have... in order to not just survive, but thrive.  To me this signals that Airbus is looking to not only level out from the Covid nose dive they've been in but that they are filing a new flighplan to gain altitude once again.  A plan that includes bringing Additive Manufacturing (AM) "in-house" and Pyrogenesis' plasma produced spherical titanium powders along with it.  Using AM to make aerospace parts will be key to reducing costs, incresing reliability, reducing weight, and bringing components to market faster with fewer manufacturing steps.

When will Airbus need to start building planes in numbers once again?   When everyone is vaccinated a year from now and are booking flights?  Flight bookings are allready skyrocketing.  There are very long lead times in this industry.... They need to start building them now... in the most cost effective and efficient way possible with an increased use of AM....  the "short term Covid negative" is over in my opinion... and they need PYR titanium powder now.

Best regards,
Tim in Vancouver

New Message
Please login to post a reply