A World leader in advanced plasma processes

Being commercialized in multiple applications around the world including plasma torches, Industrial 3D printing powders, aluminum & zinc dross recovery, waste management and defence - 4 US aircraft carriers

Free

Sorry for the curt wording to the OP -- I was typing fast, trying to make the 5pm deadline!

Since I missed the deadline by a minute, let me take a moment to provide context to question so we can pick up this question at another time.

Given the great interest on this board for Cathie Wood's add of PYR to PRNT (via Solactive's inclusion of PYR in their "Total 3D Printing Index"), I thought it would be valuable to look at other indices (and therefore, potentially, other ETFs) that PYR might fit well.

One such index may be ^ECO, the WilderHill Clean Energy Index (https://wildershares.com/about.php). This index is behind the Invesco WilderHill Clean Energy ETF (ticker: PBW).

If we look at the eligibility requirements, we see that...

For a stock to be included in the selection universe, WilderHill must identify a company as one that has a significant exposure to clean energy, or contribute to advancement of clean energy or be important to the development of clean energy.

Companies in the Underlying Index generally (i) help prevent pollutants such as carbon dioxide, nitrous oxide, sulfur oxide or particulates and avoid carbon or contaminants that harm oceans, land, air or ecosystems structure, (ii) work to further renewable energy efforts and do so in ecologically and economically sensible ways and (iii) incorporate the precautionary principles into their pollution prevention and clean energy efforts.

Similarly, companies in the Index generally will not have their majority interests in the highest-carbon fuels: oil or coal. Large companies with interests outside clean energy may be included if they are still significant to this sector.

If the answer to the above is "Yes and it's a Pure Play" then I believe PYR is a candidate for inclusion in the ^ECO index.

As for the other requirements, they appear to have been met already:

• market cap of $200Million+ (YES - even in USD)
  • "three-month average market capitalization of at least $50 million" (YES)
  • "have a three-month average closing price above $1.00" (OMG, YES)
  • "be listed on a major U.S. exchange" (YES!)
  • "reach the minimum average daily liquidity requirements for sufficient trade volume as determined by the Index Provider / Calculation Agent" (WHILE THEY DO NOT STATE THE REQUIRED NUMBER, LIQUIDITY IS HEALTHY, SO AM GUESSING YES)

Perhaps fellow discussion board participants will have light to shed on this or other possible indices.

New Message
Please login to post a reply