A World leader in advanced plasma processes

Being commercialized in multiple applications around the world including plasma torches, Industrial 3D printing powders, aluminum & zinc dross recovery, waste management and defence - 4 US aircraft carriers

Free

Hello Peter,

Someone on Stockhouse is saying that even though the torches that will be used for iron ore pelletization are easy to install, they require a great deal of electricity.  He claims that that is what is holding back these large companies.  i.e., most of them don't have access to all that electricity.

Without revealing any secrets, can you say whether or not the torches do, in fact, require a major amount of electricity?

Thanks in advance for your answer.   Snowdrift (see below)

Here's the post in question:

am a long who is working on adding to his position in the current situation.
I have some experience in the iron ore pelletizing business.
My  reading of the current situation of torches for pelletizing is this:
The first multiple torch order will be for client B, 4 torches and will happen in the current quarter.
Explain that:
1) internal approvals require detailed estimates and that does take some time      
2) these torches may be easy to install but they are hungry for juice, electrical juice, more than what most clients have available. Client B can feed 4 torches at this time. For more wait  +/- 2 years. The electrical infrastructure is not plug and play, just the torch. Once that is sorted out we will see an order for 16 torches so he can complete one line. When that line is operating and all the bugs are worked out the remaining 5 lines will be undertaken. 
I expect that most pelletizers are in a similar situation. The electrical investment will dwarf the torches alone, by many multiples. 500 kms of transmission lines through the Labrador wilderness will not happen overnight even if the power is waiting at the other end. Client B is lucky in that respect. The power is there and politicians are lining up to thump their chests when the transmission line construction is announced, probably before year end..
Most pelletizers probably do not have access to the quantities of "green" electricity required.
My advice to evertone is to calm down and take advantage of those who lack the patience needed in the situation.

New Message
Please login to post a reply