A World leader in advanced plasma processes

Being commercialized in multiple applications around the world including plasma torches, Industrial 3D printing powders, aluminum & zinc dross recovery, waste management and defence - 4 US aircraft carriers

Free
Message: I think this maybe what Pyro is aiming at with the Acquisition.....

Thanks for posting. And now we will all become students of the Kvaerner Carbon Black & Hydrogen Process.

As I read it, the implication is that as carbon prices rise (both as marketable material and as emissions offsets), these higher prices would have the effect of lowering the net production costs of GHG-free hydrogen from hydrocarbons.

The Canadian feds are aware of plasma pyrolysis as a means to create hydrogen and solid carbon (see page 26 of National Hydrogen Strategy: https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/sites/nrcan/files/environment/hydrogenNRCan_Hydrogen%20Strategy%20for%20Canada%20Dec%2015%202200%20clean_low_accessible.pdf).

And the feds -- or at least the authors of the strategy recommendations, which are not policy -- are curious about investing in R&D in this area (see https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/climate-change/recommendations-pillared-approach/23105).

So... a chain of "ifs" come up for me: IF potential AST aquisition means Pyrogenesis is thinking about getting into Kvaerner Carbon Black & Hydrogen Process and IF Pyrogenesis has the know-how (or can develop the know-how) to work out the bugs in the plasma processes to separate hydrogen from hydrocarbons without creating GHG (because the carbon separates out as asolid), and IF the compay had the marketing wherewithal to sell the carbon (and offsets) as well as the hydrogen, or IF Pyro can help clients do same from iside the fence, THEN PYR would enjoy increased exposure (that is, in addition to HPQ) to the Hydrogen Economy. Presumably this would include federal dollars for R&D, ExIm, tax credits, etc. as additional revenue or cost reductions.

(And IF that were true, then, as far as ETFs go, we might be able to look forward to PYR being added to new categories of ETFs like a PBW or a HDRO.)

But... I may just have an overactive imagination, being a MoneyPoet and all.

Thanks again for posting.

New Message
Please login to post a reply