A World leader in advanced plasma processes

Being commercialized in multiple applications around the world including plasma torches, Industrial 3D printing powders, aluminum & zinc dross recovery, waste management and defence - 4 US aircraft carriers

Free

Hi Peter,

Teck Resources Canada has come out with (along with many others) a "Climate Change Outlook 2021" plan that looks to de-carbonize and electrify in order to help meet global 2050 targets.  Their pathway to "net zero" over this next 30 years includes:

• renewable energy
  • mobile equipment electrificaiton
  • stationary equipment electrification
  • methane recovery
  • carbon offsets

Within the relm of stationary equipment electrification, they currently use "stationary combustion processes" (fossil fuel burners) in dryers to de-water products.  Sounds to me like a similar process to iron ore pelletization processes.

Also, they speak of the industry wide challenge to capture "fugative methane" from mining operations and I am wondering about Pyrogenesis' recent acquisition of AirScience and their work in capturing and repurposing RNG which includes the seperating of methane.

Lastly, Tech Resources produces close to 300,000 tonnes of refined zinc annually from their operations in Trail, BC.  I think of Drossrite and its' capabilities in the aluminum arena ... but isn't it also capable of processing zinc dross?

Questions:

• Could PYR plasma potentially be a fit to replace these stationary burners?
  • Could AirScience technology be a fit for mining methane capture?
  • Do you know how Teck currently deals with their dross and could Drossrite be a fit?
  • Are you talking to mining companies (like Teck)... or rather are they knocking on your door?

Best regards,
Tim in Vancouver

References:

New Message
Please login to post a reply