Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free
Feb 26, 2009 12:07PM

Feb 26, 2009 01:19PM

Feb 26, 2009 03:17PM

Feb 26, 2009 03:45PM

Feb 26, 2009 06:09PM

Thanks for the warm welcome folks, and no problem with reposting the SH info. Hopefully some people found it useful.

I agree that there are going to be some communications issues between the Quebec juniors and the western Canada/US companies. But, I find it hard to believe they didn't see the 4mmcf/d number in the report from Forest and not make sure they understood what it meant. I would tend to believe it's more of a business experience thing, not realizing that they could in fact comment on the well reports and not just the press release. Since we don't know what the full terms of the joint venture agreements are between all these guys though, it's quite possible that QEC crossed a line and mentioned something they weren't supposed to in an effort to provide a positive spin on the PR. let's face it, I'm sure a lot of us had our jaws hit the floor the first time we read the Forest PR. Once the 4mmcf/d number is out there though, you can't put the Genie back in the bottle. It kind of sets him up to get asked the questions on Monday.

On a related note, I thought it was actually quite a good move when QEC brought Pierre Boivin onto the board. He's exactly the kind of person you want to help deal with Quebec related "issues" as they come up. I don't know enough about the other Quebec juniors to know if they have people in a similar position to bridge the gap between the Quebec way of doing things and what's expected in other regions.

I don't know if the rest of you guys watch BNN but JF Tardiff from Sprott was on BNN today. After the very first commercial his mic was still on and you can hear him say "I guess I can talk about that" while the BNN logos were still on the screen. I think everyone knows they tend to pick which stocks to talk about but it was interesting to hear him say it. Related to that, Sprott is fairly well known to hold some large positions in all the fairway players as well as a few other high profile companies like Timminco. The interesting thing is that they specifically did not take any questions on these companies. He also goes on to say that he's 96% in cash now, 20% long, 14% short. Peter Hodson also said a week or two back that he expected the juniors to go down on the Forest PR. This makes me think they were part of the junior sell-off, and have the cash sitting on the side and ready to start buying again soon. JF also mentioned he thought this could be the start of the real rally. It make some sense since we just tested the Nov. lows and bounced off.

Brym

Feb 27, 2009 04:06AM

Feb 27, 2009 06:07AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply