Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free

Interesting link Inceptus - I hope you don't mind if I 'borrow' it for posting on the Norwegian forum. I am in total agreement with the articles contents. The abundance of NG could provide cleaner energy at lower costs to a multitude of industries. It makes good sense to lobby more utilisation of NG at political level, although I would have expected a greater initiative from industries themselves for the very obvious reasons stated above.

Whilst other green energy sources are available for the production of electricity (wind, tidal, hydro-electric, solar etc), it is difficult to imagine these sources providing the energy required by heavy industry. A transition from coal and other fossil fuels to NG at industrial level is far more feasable and in many instances can be achieved without massive costs or having to dismantle entire factories. I believe that as well as reducing emissions, companies stand to reduce costs from the moment they make the transition and will quickly recover their initial investment in NG.

Good luck EnCana, my fingers are crossed...

New Message
Please login to post a reply