Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free

Mar 13, 2011 11:04PM

I'm glad you report this about the situation in Sweden , it shows the case for NG remains to be done elsewhere as it is here . It all makes sense people everywhere have been more sensitive about the environment since 1998 . Furthemore what's happening in Japan will force the world to rethink about nuclear energy .

We had a debate on nuclear about a year and a half ago on the 300 club hub , it got nasty at times , i've opposed nuclear energy whenever i discussed it over the last 30 years , my opinion has'nt changed for reasons like what's happening in Japan .

I believe Japan and surrounding countries such as China will have to rethink their future enrgy development in the wake of receny events . China has the most ambitious nuclear enrgy plan development over the next 25 years . I think in the US plan for nuclear will also have to be rethink and they also have ambitious plans for the future .

All this consider ng should be among the winners , although safety issues will be even more focused on concerning energy planning with what we learn is happening with the nuclear reactors in Japan , and as a citizen of this world i fully agree we have to act responsably , unforetold events such as quake can happen and planning must take such events in consideration even if probabilities are very low .

The nuclear energy industry has always lacked tranparency all over the world , and lyed deliberately in many instances , we don't want that happening with the shales here or anywhere else , for tragedies would affect the industry worldwide as communication nowadays involves nearly every citizen on the planet .

What happened in Pensylvania is feeding the shale opposition here and elsewhere , so we need responsible development here and elsewhere if shale is to develop it's full potential , especialy as democracy develops further around the world and communication becomes key to it's growth .

I believe your comments demonstrate the industry is becoming increasly aware of the situation and understand the stakes at hand .

Sad to say this nuclear fall out will be good for shale gas in the future .

Tec

New Message
Please login to post a reply