Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free

May 03, 2011 03:12PM

May 03, 2011 03:35PM

May 03, 2011 04:06PM

There isn't a government yet that has stopped it Life, they wouldn't dare. NY is the only one right now with a full ban on full horizontals, and that is to be lifted in a couple months. You can not please everyone though, so there will always be opposition to something. This ESA committee was throwing people a bone. If they did want to shut it down which the government never did (always supported it), then they would have. This way they can continue while doing some work. It is encouraged by the BAPE. As I said before, if no fracing and work is done, then it's been a total contridiction to the BAPE and a complete waste of time while pretty much everyone else is moving forward.

I have to appluad NB because they didn't impose any moratorium or anything. They can see a decade of experience in other places and even BC...that with good regulation this is sustainable and can be done properly. Frankly a moratorium is completely ridiculous, and so is a study if you look at all the information given...but I suspect that the Liberals realize that if they want to have a shot, they need to please the people. Jason was right when he talked about political positioning.

The government to produce this will look pretty good...doesn't matter if it's liberals or whoever else. I'm sure Alberta doesn't mind accepting $2B a year for it's gas though lol. Just have to be patient. This will work itself out.

May 04, 2011 05:11PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply