...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

I pretty much agree with your views. For a BP to buy out RVX at this stage of the game is a long shot. Even though RVX has been derisked as much as possible to this point. Even at that, we have not seen a sign of interest from a BP. Not sure if the $1.5B you spoke of that was offered to DM is factual, at least to my knowledge. As tada said it doesn't work that way. A BP would not simply make offers to DM for consideration. It's a bit more complicated than that. 

With regards to RVX not following through with a Futility Analysis made no sense to me also.. As you said that is the best way of knowing if BOM is on the right track. Why prolong things unnecessarily if things are not working out as hoped. But it did go from a FA to SSRA (sample size re-estimation analysis) and that went by the wayside as well. MD&A explains it this way.  

"On March 19, 2018, we announced that recruitment in the BETonMACE study has successfully surpassed the planned enrollment target of 2,400 patients. When 75% of the planned 250 MACE events, being 188 events in total, have occurred, a sample size re-estimation analysis (“SSRA”) was planned. Subsequently, it was determined that a SSRA will no longer be performed given the current expectation for BETonMACE trial completion and that conducting such an analysis at this stage would offer no practical value and would also cause a statistical penalty in regards to final powering of the trial." 

As you can see the SSRA was put off with the anticipation of the trial early completion which did not happen. A miscalculation by management, but c'est la vie.

I must say though this board owes a lot to Bear for his knowledge and insight when it comes to some common understanding of what RVX is all about. Whether he realizes or not he maintained the interest in the RVX saga, especially now for many, being so close to the finish line.

It's been a long road for many I'm sure. Not for me though. I bought into RVX in 2015. I am still hopeful that RVX is a win. 

Best of luck
Koo 
New Message
Please login to post a reply