...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

Growacet,

I don't know where you are getting your information that eGFR is worthless. eGFR is very well established as an index of kidney function (see here). There seem to be a few different ways to assess eGFR, and the three main ones I think are Cockcroft-Gault, CKD-EPI Creatinine Equation (recommend by the National Kidney Foundation) and the MDRD study. Measurement of direct GFR is a complex procedure that is not routinely performed. 

A more fair criticism is that BETonMACE CKD sub-study is using the Cockcroft-Gault equation, which from this resource is no longer considered the best index of eGFR.

"The best way to determine drug dosing is with the CKD-EPI Creatinine Equation (2009) or the MDRD Study. Both have been shown to be more accurate than the CG formula."

It is likely that the clinical measurement of cystatin-c would be available from banked patient samples to use these other equations. It is also possible that urine collections were done on these patients to allow for measurement of albumin, etc. We will have to wait and see.

As for enough for another BTD for renal? Yes, I think if positive, the BETonMACE CKD sub-study data would be sufficient to support another BTD indication.

BDAZ

New Message
Please login to post a reply