...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

Sunday morning musings...

So, we know from June news release that BETonMACE2 will feature "maximized use of SGLT2 inhibitors"

We now know that this particular SGLT2i (Farxiga) is approved for use in heart failure patients with and without T2D and has been granted BTD for chronic kidney disease patients, also with and without T2D.  Physicians in the US are prescribing SGLT2i for heart failure patients without T2D.  The point being, the market for SGLT2i is evolving and expanding rapidly.

In my humble uneducated opinion, it's not too much of a stretch to think that our synergy with SGLT2i drugs also extends to heart failure and CKD patients without T2D.  On top of that, I submit that we can add superior benefits (statistically significant) to HF and CKD patients that go beyond the limits of the SGLT2i drugs.  For example, see below: Farxiga currently has a limit on its use for CKD patients.  Not recommended for those with eGFR below 45, and contraindicated for patients with eGFR below 30.  I think RVX 208 can help the folks restricted by that label.  

Just as the market for SGLT2i is growing, our target market should be expanding at least as fast.

Bring on BETonMACE2...and maybe add in non T2D patients too

...and we haven't even started talking about NAFLD

Gideon Heap

@GideonHealth

Replying to
The next question is when will Farxiga get an update to its label that restricts is use in this population.

New Message
Please login to post a reply