...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free
Message: Golden Age for Biotech's - I know one not that golden

In The Globe and Mail today, there is an article on the AbCellera IPO that tripled. Besides the fact these IPO’s are farces (priced low enough to allow the Financial institutions who invest to make obscene profits, so they invest in future ventures and joe retail does not get a sniff) the article says “We’re in a golden age in biotech in Canada,” said Dion Madsen, a partner with Canadian biotech financier Amplitude Venture Capital, which vied unsuccessfully to invest in AbCellera early this year.

What’s missing is Canadian investors. Outside of a handful of Quebec institutions, few domestic fund managers have invested in the sector. It’s telling that not only did AbCellera list on a U.S. exchange, but Canadian investors weren’t eligible for the most part to buy into the IPO”.

I can get into a diatribe on the lack of Cdn investors in the bio-tech sector, but I am bringing this back to RVX and is RVX is the rust age instead of the golden age?

I have a simple mind, so let’s dummy it down.

1.      Is it the Golden age only for bio-tech IPO’s and selected more advanced Cdn bio-techs?

2.      Is COVID affecting deals that are not IPO’s. I am having more and more trouble accepting COVID is the main reason, but maybe bio-techs that are in the trial stages are more profoundly affected versus those creating new drugs or drug therapies.

3.      RVX management is simply not sophisticated enough to take advantage of this golden age

4.      The value this board and more importantly RVX itself puts on APABETALONE and the BTD designation is out of sync with that of big Pharma, whose interest may be piqued but are far from convinced due the reality of failed trials.

I guess we wait to see if RVX is just tarnished and a little buffing while bring back the gold sheen

New Message
Please login to post a reply