...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free
Message: My Rant - Limited attendance AGM, one way communication, vetted questions

Just venting.

I’m still miffed about the AGM format being a limited attendance event, by it not being a conference call format (ZOOM) and by mail in questions being vetted by management.

I happened to be reading a June 14th Globe article about Quebec’s Bill 96 (new language law) and low and behold but who do I find quoted in the article but Repare Therapeutics Lloyd Segal pointing out the challenges created by this bill for his company

There are Canadian biotech CEOs that are quite willing to face their shareholders and politicians and Segal is one of them. Why? Because he is both competent and confident. He has delivered value to shareholders.

Repare Background

Our company (Repare) was founded in 2016 by field-leading academics to systematically employ synthetic lethality insights and platforms and develop new precision oncology medicines.

From the Globe article – “Montreal cancer drug developer Repare Therapeutics Inc. illustrates the situation. The company announced earlier this month that it had struck a major deal with pharmaceutical giant F. Hoffman-La Roche AG to develop and commercialize the Montreal startup’s drug camonsertib. The agreement is hugely important for the company.

Repare’s chief executive, Lloyd Segal, said he’d love to lure more international experts to Quebec to work on that deal. But the clarity he was able to offer those people has now been blurred”…(by Bill 96).

Lloyd Segal - In addition, he makes $878,368 as Pres and CEO & Director at Repare Therapeutics.

So Segal makes about 2.5 times Don’s salary but he delivers.

What a huge difference between our CEO, who is hiding behind Covid as an excuse, and a successful CEO like Segal.

OK. I’ve got that off my chest. Our CEO has done everything possible to raise doubts within shareholders (at least those that are not in the inner club) and drive the share price down.

Perhaps we'll be positively surprised if RVX announces success on their key business strategy...which, of course, is "to pull a rabbit  out of a hat".

GLTA

Toinv

New Message
Please login to post a reply