Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free
Feb 05, 2008 07:55PM

This looks very clear.... The implication is that this was face sampling.... IE exposed... The insinuation is that the development was well underway and that production was eminent.... Are you reading the same news releases I am?

This was almost a year ago?

Why be so combative of an investor.... I'ts not I that write the news releases.....

I thought that the reason for training the local labour force was to avoid the housing problems in the area , aid in the training etc of the labour force.... and give them a hand up instead of the hand out which has been the norm. I take it that the locals partisipation has been disapointing as the labour issue is still front and center and the root cause of the lengthly ramp up to production.

Seams I have heard this excuse for many many months... surely there is a solution..... I'd hate to see a replay of the REA gold situation.... where all the development and resource improvement was literally sold for chump change to Harmony.

Looks like a sutor could come into town.. build a small subdivision for 10 million or so and provide an incentive such as they did in Fort mac to get it going. This would solve the labour housing issue. I could see that this was a problem when I was there.... no crystal ball... just an observation from being there. Heck there were serviced lots for sale for $3500 I believe..... Have you ever heard of modular homes, they could do a shared rent to own, low intrest loan.... down payment worked off the priciple... surely there is some creative incentive for the long term employment and housing problems..... Last time I looked.... Bisset was in Canada, in Manitoba.... heck with all the handouts government throw around surely there is a solution..... but whining and crying about it will never solve the problem!

Didn't the Feds just put up $100 million for retraining for the forestry industry...... well there's one oportunity.

If this was a Chinese company there would be 500 LYP's working there right now and SGR would be producing 250K oz a year...LOL

Sorry for being blunt.... but it's about time for a solution!

WTFDIK

San Gold extends Rice Lake strike length

2007-03-22 15:01 ET - News Release

Mr. Dale Ginn reports

SAN GOLD HIGH GRADE DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

San Gold Corp. is releasing an updated mining development report within the high-grade 93 and 98 veins on the 28th level (4,200 feet) and 29th level (4,350 feet) of the Rice Lake gold mine. The strike length of the 93 vein on the 28th level is especially encouraging and has now been extended to over 400 feet (122 metres), with an average face grade of 1.26 ounces per ton (43.2 grams per tonne) over an average true width of 3.3 feet (one metre). It is anticipated that an additional 200 feet (61 metres) remains to be developed to the north and this vein remains open in an upward direction. Details on the three primary high-grade development areas are contained below.

28th level, 93 vein:

• over 400 feet (122 metres) of horizontal development completed;
  • average face grade of 1.26 ounces per ton (43.2 grams per tonne) over an average true width of 3.3 feet (one metre);
  • 58 faces were sampled and 232 samples were assayed; and
  • sample values ranged from 0.09 ounce per ton (3.1 grams per tonne) to 8.07 ounces per ton (276.4 grams per tonne).

29th level, 98 vein:

• over 300 feet (91 metres) of horizontal development completed, 420 feet (128 metres) of raise development completed to date;
  • average face grade of 1.1 ounces per ton (37.7 grams per tonne) over an average true width of 4.5 feet (1.37 metres);
  • 146 faces were sampled and 440 samples were assayed; and
  • sample values ranged from 0.1 ounce per ton (3.4 grams per tonne) to 7.99 ounces per ton (273.6 grams per tonne).

29th level, 93 vein:

• over 200 feet (61 metres) of horizontal development completed;
  • average face grade of 1.33 ounces per ton (45.6 grams per tonne) over an average true width of four feet (1.22 metres);
  • 30 faces were sampled and 120 samples were assayed; and
  • sample values ranged from 0.08 ounce per ton (2.7 grams per tonne) to 23.02 ounces per ton (788.4 grams per tonne).

San Gold continues to develop the 93 and 98 veins as highest priority with the waste-rock development following closely behind in order to access and extract these veins. These veins continue to be open in an upward direction and San Gold will continue to search for similar veins between the 24th and 29th levels of the Rice Lake mine.

The above programs were carried out under the supervision of W.S. Ferreira, MSc, PGeo, and D. Ginn, PGeo, the qualified persons for San Gold under National Instrument 43-101. Chip, muck and mill samples are assayed on site in the company's assay lab using the fire assay method with an AA and gravimetric finish. San Gold's quality control and assurance program includes the insertion of blanks and standards, the retention of pulps and rejects, and spot checks using independent labs including TSL Laboratories in Saskatoon, Sask., and Accurassay Laboratories of Thunder Bay, Ont.

New Message
Please login to post a reply