Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free
Message: Venezuela to offer Russians Crystallex gold project

Why the last 30 miles are gravel? The bigger question is really why the first 60 are paved, or close to paved. It happened around 1975 and it was a construction from hell summer for those who vacation in that area, as do I.

And as I recall it was NDP in 1975 and I think the MLA from Manigotagan where the pavement stops was NDP. Besides that, the road from Manigotagan to Bissett was not only gravel but very twisty with hills and valleys and several 'soft' spots and a great deal has been done to improve them. But remember the Mine was closed down by then so Bissett had very little interest.

We are hoping, of course, that when the mine begins to really take off, that the road will be 'paved' to Bissett.

But you must remember that, until the 1960's, there was no road to Bissett. It was a water voyage down the Wanipigow that is one truly remarkable story. If you ever meet someone who grew up in the early days of Bissett ask them.

And there were two remarkable men who helped found that community and who are even now revered: Don Currie and Charlie Wynne. Charlie was Hugh's dad and helped the original staking of the claim that is now San Gold.

New Message
Please login to post a reply