Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free

Hindsight is better, and looking back on 2008 there's a lot I would do differently ... along with soooo many others, many who have lost homes, jobs if not lives.

Hugh always felt a great obligation to the people who grew up and lived on the East side of Lake Winnipeg, many of them native. He had a dream that offering them good jobs that provided good pay would benefit the dream he had for San Gold. He knew that having miners who lived in the area would make them less likely to bolt for better offers in Australia or South Africa or where ever and not that long past this was all true. And many of the workers have achieved the success he envisioned.

However the world has changed and now we also have miners available who were previosly bid for from many foreign mines. Look at what has happened to the price of copper and other base metals. Mines have folded. Now San has got to the point where these new miners and others are available and needed and their input will be positive for locals and positive for San and shareholders. And not only has San not folded but prospered with new, great discoveries and cash in hand to hire this new help. Maybe these guys did have a plan after all, eh?

I don't know the situation at the mine well enough to offer a comprehensive opinion on how locals have done longterm, but last time I asked Hugh he smiled and replied with a positive statement. It was a gamble, but much of what people have been involved in in 2008 and before was a gamble. Bernie Madoff seemed like a good guy to sooo many, and at least we didn't have him at the helm!

We are progressing and there's a light, getting always brighter, at the end of this mining tunnel. Keep the FAITH and all the Best to all those who offer such interesting, stimulating, provocative and insightful comments on this VERY WORTHWHILE BOARD.

A Happy New Year to All.

GB

New Message
Please login to post a reply