Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free

Hogan, I hope you are correct again ( I think you caught Ginn's sale 500k shs)

I concur with Traps... the train has left the station. I almost pulled the trigger today - to take a few shares off the table... but decided not to - as it does appear someone was covering their shorts, Gold is ready to snap its leash, and SGR developing like Goldcorp.

Insider Reporting:

From my experience, the TMX reporting for insiders is by no means a reliable indicator. Let me explain - The exchange requires all orders (buy or sell) to be designated as an insider trade if the account owner is an officer of the public company or own 10% or greater (signifcant shareholder). The objective of this rule - was to give the average retail investor a heads up on Insider trading activity.

Therefore, all of Dundee's orders should be designated as Insider (even though they have the exemption from insider reporting on SEDI). Sometimes, a bulk order will be designated as Insider but only a portion of the shares are for the Insider (Dundee funds) and the rest could be for Dundee retail. And all those crosses at Dundee, between funds perhaps, all and should be, but probably not always, designated as Insider. And sometimes, the retail broker thinks their client is an insider and incorrectly desigates the order as insider.

I think all dealers have until an hour after market close to reconcile their insider desigated orders, to ensure they are correct, so I would think there should be some corrections but also think there may not be a lot of follow through to make the accurate disclosure / corrections.

Overall, I would focus on SEDI (SGR officers), but keep an eye on the TMX Insider reporting to see if Dundee is net buy or sell.

Speaking of Insiders, Power (options) and Kristjansson(shares) recently dumped a few shares.

San Gold Corporation (SGR)

As of April 29th, 2010
Filing Date Transaction Date Insider Name Ownership Type Securities Nature of transaction # or value acquired or disposed of Unit Price
Apr 28/10 Apr 23/10 Power, Michael Direct Ownership Common Shares 10 - Disposition in the public market -83,333 $3.510
Apr 28/10 Apr 23/10 Power, Michael Direct Ownership Common Shares 10 - Acquisition in the public market 83,333 $1.250
Apr 28/10 Apr 23/10 Power, Michael Direct Ownership Options 51 - Exercise of options -83,333 $1.250
Apr 23/10 Apr 16/10 Kristjansson, Gestur Direct Ownership Common Shares 10 - Disposition in the public market -5,000 $3.530
Apr 23/10 Apr 15/10 Kristjansson, Gestur Direct Ownership Common Shares 10 - Disposition in the public market -5,000 $3.630
Apr 23/10 Apr 13/10 Kristjansson, Gestur Direct Ownership Common Shares 10 - Disposition in the public market -35,000 $3.540
New Message
Please login to post a reply