Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Assertions of gloating/sadism are nothing more than shooting the messenger as opposed to addresssing the message, much as it was here years ago when this board was overrun by people blinded by misplaced optimism and trust, despite all the red flags.

It's true the degree of corruption and deceit at society's top is unpecedented in our lifetimes and will likely end in some sort of collapse, but gold/silver will be all the more important as will the miners, particularily those in relatively safe jurisdictions. SGR could have been one of them if management had been competent and ethical. But they haven't, and that was my message.

It's also true that all the miners have been hit hard; short selling has been the moneymaker in this sector for the last couple of years. Even the best juniors like FR, YRI and AR were knocked down 50% from their highs, but have since bounced off their lows. I was suprised that other excellent ones like RIC, KGI and SBB have lost even more--about 75% of their cap--they've moved off their lows as well but are still struggling. They all should survive and provide a great ride up when the sector turns, likely this fall.

SGR on the other hand, has been smashed 98% from it's $5 high as though it's nothing more than a tiny, unproven explorer. The remaining cap doesn't even cover its infrastructure, never mind the gold in the ground. The market has spoken, hard.

Ironically when the PM sector resumes its upward bull market, SGR will likely double before the above miners will, if it's stil alive. Which brings me back to the original point--understanding that SGR has always been an irrepudible miner means that you can play it up or down, in and out as a speculator. But never trust them as a long term investor--management proved that a long time ago and something I tried to say 4 years ago.

A lot of other posters that used to be here likely came to the same conclusion--I've gone back a few pages on this thread and most seem to be gone. To those that have held all the way down, know that most have gone through a story like this (mine was during the dot-com craze).

Learning from it gives a chance to prosper. Ignoring it can be disasterous, unless of course you're part of said management, in which case it's job well done and my question still remains--has management's multi-million dollar spending added anything except to their own pockets? Knock me all you want, but it won't change what has happened.

New Message
Please login to post a reply