Welcome to the Silver Falcon Mining HUB on AGORACOM

(Edit this Message from the "Fast Facts" Section)

Free

The report mentioned that Sinker mine workers during previous efforts were less than enthusiastic about drilling up from the Sinker tunnel towards tunnels with maybe a thousand feet of water in them. I wonder how this will be done now- Do they drain the upper mines first and then drill either from the bottom up or top down, or do they actually try to drill up into the flooded tunnels? That much water would produce unbelievable pressure. I don't remember much discussion of how the Sinker tunnel will be used. They did talk about connecting the Sinker tunnel with the others for ventilation. I assume they will expand the connection so that ore can be moved down to the Sinker tunnel exit for milling (if they get a mill constructed there) or at least to the lower elevation where snow won't prevent trucking the ore during winter. This was the implied objective in other discussions, but I was surprised not to see more discussion in this report. The ability to access all the tunnels and move ore year round seems like the real value of the Sinker.

Apr 13, 2009 07:17AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply