Welcome to the Silver Falcon Mining HUB on AGORACOM

(Edit this Message from the "Fast Facts" Section)

Free

Regarding the comment from Garick about the upcoming changes to capital gains, I just received confirmation from my CPA Michelle Boyer that I will be able to lower my short-term cap gains tax rate on the gold & silver options gains that I made in 2010 and 2011 from a maximum marginal tax rate of 35% to 23% by using a special rule that applies to Non-equity options (which would include options on SLV, GLD, GDX, GDXJ, UGL, AGQ, etc. just NOT options on individual options). The 1256 Contract rule taxes all short-term gains from these types of options as if the gains were 60% long-term and 40% short-term so that's a very good deal indeed. The firm I used was Boyer Tax Services in Phoenix which is a specialty CPA from for Stock Trader's and they were great to deal with and saved me a small fortune. You can read about them on the web or contact me in a private message if you need any more details. Get going SFMI and drill WEM fast and furious because the Tax Man is waiting and he's hungry! Khaki

New Message
Please login to post a reply