Welcome to the Silver Falcon Mining HUB on AGORACOM

(Edit this Message from the "Fast Facts" Section)

Free

First the easy question- No way someone buys up all the shares for a nickel. PQ et al. own too many shares for anyone else to gain control. His way or the highway. And I imagine there are a lot more people out there who aren't selling for a nickel.

As far as what a buyout might look like, what you are really asking is how much is gold in the ground worth. Google "current value of gold in the ground" and you'll get a number of articles discussing the subject. There are lots of variables- location, concentration (how much roock has to be processed per ounce), how easy it is to get at, underground vs open pit mining, how far along the project is, etc. But depending on how well "proven" it is, one article values gold in the ground anywhere from $20 to $160/oz (again, lots of variables). So with 10M oz, thats $200M to $1.6B, or $0.20 to $1.60/share (using 1B shares outstanding, which will be more likely after the next 10K and 10Q). If there's only 5M oz, that's $0.10 to $0.80. But I would guess on the high side for both # of ounces and value of the gold- The location couldn't be much better, and the project is well along (including much of the permitting). Even that $160/oz number might be low if it can be shown the gold is easily and cheaply recoverable. Many gold mines have costs near or over $1000/oz, and SFMI should be able to do it for much less, maybe $100-200/oz. I wouldn't expect a buyout for under $1, and probably more.

New Message
Please login to post a reply