China’s largest silver producer

$48.6-million in cash, strong operations and the lowest production costs among its global peers.

Free

silvercorp is disappointed

posted on Jul 06, 2009 11:50AM

as a shareholder in silvercorp, i'd really like to see this steal of a deal go through. but part of me is still applauding klondex management for telling svm where to go.

Silvercorp Metals Inc. ("Silvercorp") (TSX:SVM - News)(AMEX:SVM - News) responded today to the filing of a directors' circular by Klondex Mines Ltd. ("Klondex") (TSX:KDX - News) on June 30, 2009 in response to Silvercorp's offer to acquire all the outstanding shares of Klondex. Silvercorp is disappointed that the Klondex board of directors has recommended that Klondex shareholders not tender their shares to Silvercorp's offer.

Silvercorp is also disappointed that Klondex has issued 1,714,285 Klondex shares to China Mineral United Management Limited ("CMU") pursuant to a private placement announced on June 30, 2009 at an issue price of C$1.75 per share. Silvercorp is considering the implications of the above private placement in light of the fact that (i) Silvercorp's offer was conditional upon Klondex not issuing any shares; (ii) the private placement was completed at a discount of approximately 20% to Silvercorp's offer price; (iii) CMU was granted a two-year pre-emptive right to participate in up to 50% of certain future Klondex equity financings; and (iv) CMU was granted one of six seats on the Klondex board, while becoming a holder of only approximately 6% of Klondex's shares through the private placement purchase.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Silvercorp-Responds-to-iw-1855826226.html?x=0&.v=1

New Message
Please login to post a reply