Welcome To The Spider Resources HUB On AGORACOM

First Explorer at the "Ring of Fire" and presently drilling on the "BIG DADDY" Chromite/Pge's jv'd property...yet we were robbed

Free

Some suggestions to keep it clean

posted on Oct 30, 2007 01:10AM

Hi Agoracom,

I've been responsible for keeping forums clean with tens of thousands of users. Nothing in the size of Agoracom.. but i did learn a few things.

Can you consider the following;

- Allow posting after 24 hours after registering.
This way you have a bit more protection against people siginging up and playing into the moment.- Track IP addresses of users from which they post and display the last IP address (last 4 digits for privacy)? And also mention other users posting from that IP?

This way the people on the boards can better see who is who and keep the place clean.

- Let users change and/ or remove their own posts.
This fixes the double post problem and also gives people the option to clean up their act when they see they were wrong.

Only comment is that changing should be allowed within a specific timeframe. Otherwise there is a risk that people start altering older messages and claim that they were on the money 10 out of 10 times.

- Remove html markup / WORD markup when copy and pasting into the message box. This increases the chance that more posts fit correctly, and make it easier to read when all posts are the same layout. For people that do want markup just ad a box where people can select heading1/heading2/heading3

- The last one for now and that’s a personal one; Add the Netherlands as a country so i can enter where i am from ;-)

Regards,

The Dutch Guy

New Message
Please login to post a reply