Welcome To The Spider Resources HUB On AGORACOM

First Explorer at the "Ring of Fire" and presently drilling on the "BIG DADDY" Chromite/Pge's jv'd property...yet we were robbed

Free

IBK in Europe, financings, global interest

posted on Nov 08, 2007 01:48PM

I was pondering the future prospects of financing for McFaulds: broker interest, mining conglomerate interest, and venture capital firms like IBK. I started my thinking after reading an article in Toronto's Globe & Mail:

http://www.reportonbusiness.com/serv...

This article is not only about the soaring Canadian currency aka "the loonie" but more so about the falling "greenback" and the mess happening on Wall Street.

The question I had for myself: If the loonie, euro, pound, and many other currencies are appreciating like crazy, and the greenback is plummeting, what is and will be the effect on development at McFaulds?

Clearly, Mr. Nemis, Mr. Novak, et. al. won't, or probably won't, find much interest south of the 49th parallel. So where will they find it? Europe - of course! Where is IBK's "dog & pony show?" Europe. Hopefully there's lots of interest from the "men of the bourses" e.g., the FTSE, the CAC. A strong euro financing or two at McFaulds would be very interesting. Just my conjecture at the moment.

And the large world mining conglomerates - e.g., Xstrata in Austria, CVRD in Brazil, and BHP Billiton in Australia - although buffeted by the fall of the greenback, have mining operations around the world. And they all mine gold, which will hit $1000 per ounce in 2008 (maybe sooner). So all of them are getting much richer; and by the way, they've all visited the Ring of Fire. One more impressive strike from any of the McFauld's juniors may raise more than an eyebrow.

So patience is the key word. SPQ has some impressive land holdings. That's a fact. So even if the TSX gyrates down 300 points, then up 350 in one day, the loonie goes up 10% in 10 days only to fall 3% in one, and SPQ drops a cent in a trading session, hang in there. And for the really courageous, grab a few more shares at 14 cents CDN (or 16 cents US - doesn't that sound good!), I think you see some strong upside in the next 3-6 months. Just me speculating, no guarantees, but I'm longgggggggg!

Snug

New Message
Please login to post a reply