Welcome To The Tuscany Driling HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

Agree. Tuscany grew using debt and now they are paying the price of not being able to find a suitable party to place the heli-rigs. There are some encouraging things that can happen: Colombia, Trinidad, Brazil, Argentina (where Tuscany has no presence) and Ecuador are in the process of granting new exploration blocks to E&P oil companies. The Colombian oil market is consolidating faster than expected (last transaction was C&C Energia being acquired by Rubiales) and there is another major transaction closing in January (not a public company). Offhsore drilling in Brazil is compromised by the perspective of lower than forecasted oil prices for 2013, so most governments will have to provide good incentives to E&P companies to invest in exploration or risk decreasing oil outputs in the near future. Those are good news for Tuscany. In the other hand, Maurel et Prom is also in play and so the 29% they own in Tuscany. Sure Tuscany has lots of problems to solve: unpaid bills in Ecuador, contracting the idle rigs, end the cash consuming refurbishment of 4 rigs and, more important, show cash flow generation enough to reduce debt levels. If they can sell the heli-rigs for a decent price, good. Litigation with HRT can take more than a year and the outcome is uncertain (my bet is that Tuscany will win, but you never know). They have been extremely quiet regarding the failed bond issue and I guess that they donĀ“t have any important operational news to share with the market. Again, I agree with you: this quarter is lost and the market actions is for medium-long term investors to accumulate at compelling prices.

New Message
Please login to post a reply