Welcome To The VIT Chat Board

The Company's Eagle Gold Project in Yukon Canada hosts a National Instrument 43-101 compliant Reserve of 2.3 million ounces of gold.

Free
Message: Will NEM's Acquisition of FRG Creat an Area Plan for Nevada Jr Gold Exp Co's.?
It appears that Jim Sinclair shares my viewpoint that major gold producers will continue to acquire other junior gold exploration companies that are nearing production. Please note that Jim Sinclair published the information below AFTER I posted my viewpoint on Newmont Mining's acquisition of Fronteer Gold. IMO, Victoria Gold meets Jim Sinclair's qualification as "Qualified Junior" acquisition candidate.
Tom
title="View all posts in In The News">In The News

Jim Sinclair’s Commentary

The majors must buy qualified juniors. They have never been successful explorers.

Reserves the majors hold have hit a plateau or are on the decline

Have a look at this deal which is a blueprint for many to come. Compare this blueprint to your holdings.

Newmont to buy Canada’s Fronteer Gold for C$2.3 bl
Thu Feb 3, 2011 3:01pm EST
By Steve James and Pav Jordan

NEW YORK/TORONTO, Feb 3 (Reuters) – Newmont Mining Corp (NEM.N) has agreed to buy Fronteer Gold Inc (FRG.TO) for C$2.3 billion ($2.3 billion), extending its presence in the western United States as bullion prices hover near record highs.

The cash and stock transaction – the latest in a string of deals targeting Canadian miners – will add 4.2 million ounces of gold resource to the portfolio of the world’s second-largest gold producer.

"This acquisition of Fronteer Gold is in line with some of the more recent acquisitions in the gold space, where major mining companies have been going after very high quality assets," said Adam Graf, a mining >More…

New Message
Please login to post a reply