Free
Message: Re: Edig will win against all IFE portables including Wencor,,- HATARI,,

My conversation with Fred was at the last SHM. Content is key. That was the issue Edig ran into with the Digital Music Players if you recall they had the product but were waiting for content to be released which did not materialize at the time.

Recall the Kiosk concept was brought up and that has not materialized either. IMO The studios do not want to make the same mistake as the music industry in releasing content which is the key in making it's  business model successfull.

Some web sites such as Block Buster  now allow downloadling of  Movies. They realize  their retail model will be obsolete in the future. How many DVDs can you rent to cover your overhead? I currently subscribe to cable with access to a large library of on demand movies. 

The Studios approving Edig's security platform is an important step in releasing more content in the future that is secure without loosing movie revenue. This has been a slow process and Edig has a vision that eventually secure content will be available to maximize distribution and revenues for the movie industry.

As far as Wencor, I can't see how they can refreash their content for their new players without getting approval from the Studios. Edig already has a tested, proven security platform.

LOL

New Message
Please login to post a reply