Free
Mar 13, 2008 09:41AM

By the way we talked at length about the "20 hour battery life" and if/when EDig would be licensing or selling or whatever EDig could do to take financial advantage of it and I was told, "probably never" I was somewhat surprised and was given the reason for that.

I was under the impression the MOS was "tweaked" a few times to allow the eVu to draw very little power and that was the reason for the longer battery life. There was never "a new and improved battery".

It seems the eVu is a "closed system" all the components of which, firmware, software and hardware are designed to be "one system" of which nothing can be replaced or added to without altering the power useage.

That means an IPOD or a Microsoft or a camera manufacturer while able to use the MOS it would be unable to reach the 20 hour battery life because of the additions they would make to their product that would draw additional power, such as a "flash" or other "goodies" that would be included in the product.

In other words the way I understood what was being told me that any "different hardware, firmware and especially software" that any manufacturer would have to add or change to make their product unique would change the power consumption of the battery.

As you all know I am NOT a techie, so perhaps Doni knows what I just said and can expain it better....

New Message
Please login to post a reply