Free
Mar 13, 2008 09:41AM

"I was under the impression the MOS was "tweaked" a few times to allow the eVu to draw very little power and that was the reason for the longer battery life. There was never "a new and improved battery"."

I assume that your impression was after an explanation from RP....or was it prior that conversation?

I've commented, many, many, many times....that it does not matter what the battery is. The power savings directly relates to the MOS with proportioned hardware requirements, and has nothing to do with the battery.

"It seems the eVu is a "closed system" all the components of which, firmware, software and hardware are designed to be "one system" of which nothing can be replaced or added to without altering the power useage."

Again, no big deal, but, it's that nomenclature thing again....Firmware is a combination of software and hardware.

If the eVu is designed around the claims of 445, in driving a continuous play video bit stream, it directly relates to the high speed cache and the manner in which the data segments of a file are pushed through it. I've made the analogy to a light bulb element in the past, they utilize a very small element. This all relates to shadowing or paging files, their methods are improved over traditional methods and utilizes less power in conveying competitive results.

The battery has nothing to do with the process, it all revolves around a consumption rate.

doni

New Message
Please login to post a reply