Free
Jan 27, 2009 02:32PM

Re: POLIS FAMILY INVOLVEMENT AND e.DIGITAL

posted on Jan 28, 2009 07:22AM

Well, that's even a more pessimistic view than mine. :-)

I was going to say I agreed with you, then I read the rest :)

I don't see the IP efforts as doing more than bringing money to those who are employees or board members of EDIG.

Somebody has to work there to keep the doors open. How are the board members accessing money from IP?

They will indeed, assuming success, be able to engage in some minor M&A activity, but it's clear they are not going to be players in retail, in IFE or elsewhere.

It's clear based on what? The lack of success with previous efforts? Aren't there an awful lot of companies/individuals who tried without success countless times before they became successful?

As of today I would bet $1,000 they do not even have a business plan for going into healthcare, travel,etc. I eagerly await one single fact that shows they are doing something to build a foundational business which will attract investors. The opportunities still exist though they are dwindling.

I think we are all eagerly awaiting that, aren't they a little constrained with the Wencor case still latched firmly to their back? What opportunities do you feel are dwindling? And can't they be replaced by new ones? Seriously this company has been very creative in the past (they've had to) just to keep the doors open, what makes you think they wont be more successful with money in the bank to actually support their plans? Do you really think they are not interested in being successful?

I doubt EDIG has ever done a focus group with their potential customer base to see exactly what they want in the types of products we keep hearing about.

What would even cause you to think of this? Aren't there a plethora of additional ways of determining what your customers want other than focus groups?

I think you should pick a new word to describe how you're feeling regarding eDig besides quizzical. A "brief" dose of irrational exuberance might make you feel better...it won't hurt I promise :)

Coyote

New Message
Please login to post a reply