Free

Great post. Thank you ! I highlighted the parts that stood out for me. I do find it interesting about the statement that information cannot be disclosed and yet the amount of the last agreement is given. So I guess the information eventually gets disclosed. It would be nice if the info in all these deals would get disclosed sooner rather than after the fact. Reading this stuff makes me think we are in a good position. Note the $26.00 share price offered. And there was all this discussion a few days ago about RP talking about $21.00???? Makes that kind of talk less far fetched IMO. I'm also noting the slight change of the bid and ask. And didn't Silversurfer provide info about the judge reporting back on the 28th? GLTAL Oh yes, that part about $350 million, that would now be $175 million times seven. And that is just from Samsung!!!

"Although some information cannot be disclosed due to an agreement between the two parties, the royalty rate will be about half the rate applied in the existing contract," Samsung said in a filing to the Korea Exchange.

"We are very pleased with the agreements announced today. Furthermore, continued access to Samsung's flash capacity under competitive terms gives us greater flexibility in managing our future capital expenditures, SanDisk chairman and CEO Eli Harari said in a joint statement released later on Wednesday.

The new agreements would become effective when the current cross license and supply agreements expired on August 14, 2009, and would run for seven years from that date, the statement said.

In an interview conducted last week at the Reuters Global Technology Summit in New York, Harari had described the renewal negotiations as "quite intense."

He had indicated the possibility of litigation if an agreement was not reached, as Samsung and its customers would then be infringing patents that SanDisk holds.

Samsung, the world's top maker of NAND flash memory chips, pays about $350 million a year in royalties to SanDisk for its patented technology, widely used in digital cameras, music players and other electronic devices.

Last year, SanDisk spurned an unsolicited buyout offer from Samsung for $26 per share, saying the offer undervalued the company. Samsung dropped its bid in October, citing SanDisk's deepening losses and uncertain outlook.

New Message
Please login to post a reply