Free
Message: We wait, so we speculate...poet and didn't know it....

We wait, so we speculate...poet and didn't know it....

posted on Sep 17, 2009 04:17PM

Lots of speculation and not a lot of "knowns."

The first settlements were ~1M average each for EDIG. Many here see the Samsung deal to be much larger. I agree with few facts to back it up. I remember Frank was disappointed at the first settlement dollars but was assured by RP that future settlements would be larger. My guess is that is still the case.

I don't really see a royalty deal as that would be harder for DM to police and I bet they are "take my cash now" kinda folks. Just my opine, but I do remember the same was true with the P company lawyers -- no royalties, write a check now. I hung on to my shares and I am enjoying the five day ride of over 50%. The ride will be much larger when EDIG heads north and there are a lot of good folks going to make out like bandits for having the patience to wait it out. I don't know when we'll see a big payday, but it is likely not years away any longer. I'm not sure we could have stated that with a straight face a year ago.

So, is EDIG's share (post DM grab) "larger" at $5M, $10M, or $50M? If I go any higher I would likely be sportin' wood and that might be uncomfortable right now.

WAGs welcome.

John

New Message
Please login to post a reply