Free
Message: Re: Recent settlement with Samsung and flash drives patents...spansio/st...

Good find...I was looking for that one...

In a nut shell, the way I understand it, SAPNSION is sort of like PORTAL PLAYER, or a SANDISK, a maker of "Platforms" for use by companies who wishe to make and sell widgets that relied on FLASH memory. Most of the patents they hold relate the "HARWARE" they manufactured and sold. Whereas EDIG patents relate to "SOFTWARE" that makes the "PLATFORMS" sold operate in the FLASH ARENA...

Click of http://www.spansion.com you will see where they are active in selling their products.

EDIG has claimed all along that their patents are all encomapssing in the FLASH ARENA. Thus, Spansion, Apple, Samsung, Portal Player, SanDisk, and a host (174) of companies that are "ACTIVE" in the flash area are covered by the Maxim if you pull the FLASH disk out of the widget and it does not work, then you are infringing on our patents.

To give and example; Apple made its I-Pod using Platforms sold to them by Portal Player who was an EDIG partner. Later, Apple filed for its own Patents citing EDIG as "Prior Art" and started making its own platforms using chips bought elsewhere...

It seems to me that EDIG patents are more FAR REACHING than those of Spansion, and it makes sense that EDIG settlements should at least be as big as the one with Spansion...

DONI...HELP PLEASE...You can chime in any time...Lol...

Gil...

New Message
Please login to post a reply