Free

I've heard the phrase "You don't go broke taking a profit."

However, you certainly pay more in short term capital gains taxes than if you had recognized the opportunity early in the game and held rather than trading ....providing you have done your DD and recognized that at even .225, EDIG is nowhere near reaching its potential market cap.... and pps.

Those who have held for a year (or more) and sell for the double (not too bad) then hope to buy back in run the risk of paying much more in taxes when the real value of the company comes to light in the market when the market realizes the possibility of either much more in license revenue or a major user of EDIG's patents takes a role in the company.... either partial or total (which could happen anyday soon).

At the very least, if one is to take it a face value that the worth of the patents (and licenses) is in the 100's of millions of dollars, even after DM's cut, EDIG is still trading beyond its assumed cash value per share, why would those who have held over a year and accepted the wild fluctuations in price decide to sell now.... just as the final piece of the puzzle is put into place?

Just my T&O's, and not legal tax advice.

BTW, true story: I bought one stock in the late '90s, first at 3.43, went to nearly 3.80, then it trickled down to .27 (or less, if I remember right, either way, I lost A LOT (on paper since I didn't sell) but held on as it started to climb over a year later eventually to sell over $12.00.

Problem is at that time, I didn't average down when I had many months to do so below .50.

Lesson learned..... not to repeat again.

New Message
Please login to post a reply