Free
Message: Re: important news if verified !sman998. B-Lunist/ "P" company vs. EDIG
Oct 28, 2009 10:09AM
Oct 28, 2009 12:52PM
Oct 28, 2009 03:12PM

Re: important news if verified !sman998. B-Lunist/ "P" company vs. EDIG

posted on Oct 28, 2009 03:44PM

I believe you are correct about validation.

I would question one aspect about the re-exam process in that the ease of identifing a patent's focus will add or substract from the re-exam time frame. I've been told -- but KNOW nuttin' (stolen from Rick) -- most of the "P" company's patents seemed to be far more complex than EDIG's patents. If true, the process may be less time consuming or even obvious for someone smarter than a big dumb guy from Tennessee.

Either way, if DM is going after these guys prior to filing, they must have a darn good feeling about their ability to win, IMO. In theory (really just specultion), this may be why we have not seen any of the expected filings should DM be able to convince a large mean ole copy cat without court filings prior to negotiations. We'll probably hear something on this front prior to the SHM. It is one of the remaining question marks.

Time will tell, but this is setting up 2010 as a banner year for filings or direct settlements. I'll take the cash and run to the next one either way.

John

Oct 28, 2009 07:06PM
Oct 28, 2009 07:43PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply