Free

"ware leveling is something inherent to all Flash due to coruption"

Ware leveling has nothing to do with corruption. Ware leveling is the act of balancing the life span of the memory cells, do to the fact that as an erase block erases, the function is detrimental to the cells. This function must be balanced across the memory, wearing the cells at as close to an equal tolerance as possible.

What I'm saying is, when e.Digital formats the memory to their logical conceptions.....the data is managed independently of the erase blocks and read/write blocks, ...in being able to do that, there is an inherent ability of ware leveling. Status quo does not manage independent in this fashion(at least not when e.Digital patented) and when they do, they are infringing, or to be determined they are.

Ware leveling is normally having to manage data in a consorted effort of between the erase blocks when creating or updating data. This is a deliberate effort that all must adhere to in some fashion. This function involves, writing data to be changed... from the erase block to a Ram resource for update....then, erase(flash) the block it was written from....and then, re- write it back to the erase block. If you change on scrap of data this consideration happens and is detrimental every time it's done. It must be balanced through ware leveling.

With that, formats that utilize directive structures(ie FAT) that must be maintained are part of the status quo problem, as a data file it's always being updated when any other data is changed.

e.Digital does not maintain directive structure, yet they can implement any OS file attributes under their format. This is the portability issue I mention every once and a while....lol

When e.Digital eventually optimizes to recover memory space, they have the benefit of not having to erase as often as status quo does because of what I explained above..

e.Digital has a leg up....because of their patented data structure methods....and it allows them to get away with less effort of the deliberate considerations.

doni

New Message
Please login to post a reply