Free

My guess on this is that they settled again for 5-6 millions which is a very good pay day for DM, excellent way to continue the operations for Edig's management and lousy for the shareholders.

Really? I’m thinking anything like 5-6 million from Panasonic would be most excellent for the shareholders... especially getting that before the Markman ruling.

I’ll admit that TEAC’s settlement (the latest one for which we know the amount) at 0.2M doesn’t inspire much confidence in this one with Panasonic (or the one with Pentax). In this current round 2 with a "raised bar", we’ve yet to see any settlement over 1M (or even close to that)... but we are still pre-Markman ruling... and, and, and (dare I say it?), TEAC settled 4 months ago. Imagine what could have changed between then and now.

The market knows nothing yet nor do they need to at this point in time (considering now propable on-going negotiations). Within 7 weeks, we’ll know these latest settlement amounts (at least the total) and will most likely have gotten the Markman ruling. I’m content to wait for these facts to be revealed... and what if EDIG could release a PR combining a successful Markman ruling along with a new record quarter?

I also have to say - the Pentax announcement just over a week ago was pretty unexpected, but this morning’s announcement was REALLY something considering how quickly (just after Pentax) it happened and who it was. I’d have guessed that Panasonic would be one that could wait until after the decision. More hmmmm.

You know how some of us have been thinking the longer it went (for the judge to rule), the better for us? Maybe the less that is said (in a PR), also means it will be better for us. Something to ponder.

- Sinkman

New Message
Please login to post a reply