Free

'It's a work in progress, patent pending platform currently involving 6 or 7 patent applications, and remains under the radar from public view for reasons the company has expressed.'

A patent application describes in great detail what the patent does .Most large tech companies look at all new patent apps to see what they can steal by doing the same thing in a different way. So your comment about keeping it from public view seems wrong to me to me. I guess it depends on how you define 'public'. If my understanding is correct about patent enforcement, they can use the 'applied for' or 'issued' patent without penalty until the patent holder notifies them that they are infringing. So the people who can do you harm (competitors) are fully aware of what you are trying to do and they can decide if the idea is worth stealing by doing it some other way, or just by infringing on the patent making a fortune and the settling for a licence at a cost that makes it worthwhile to them. I am told that this is a look more common than most people think.

If I am wrong about that, please correct me. It is just my understanding based on what I have read and experienced over the years.

Some companies will bring products to market without applying for a patent. The can wind up with a large market share with that approach.

New Message
Please login to post a reply