Free

"EDigital needed to find something that sets the Norris recorder apart, and they seem to have found it, in the power supply structure."

interview notes:

"Continuation of Description of the general nature of what was agreed to if an agreement was reached, or any other comments:

Inventor Norris demonstrated how to use the device for performing the record and playback a short voice message.

Mr. Gurries explained how the circuits of Figs. 4, 5, 6A and 6B are arranged and operated for supplying the required voltages to different elements of the device and for providing power management controls.

"Examiner Tran contended that the rejections of claims 1-5, 18 and 19, as recited in the last Office action mailed 09/20/2011, are maintained because the above-identified prior art teaches each and every claimed elements and limitations recited in the claims; particularly, the limitation "a power source coupled to the control circuitry for supplying electrical power to the device", as recited in each of the base claims 1 and 19, comprises functional language, which requires no specific "coupling", and/or no specific structural arrangement."

I've not read the whole affidavit yet, however, for what I have read.... Gurries is spelling it out specific coupling and it's really not that overly complicated. Reading the patent you get the same indications he's explaining.

The focus is on the micro-controller and the tailoring of voltage signals from it, to three major MOSFET's(switches). Where each of them allow separate power up conditions to periphery MOSFET's(switches), allowing the coupling / decoupling of peripheral components, as well as controlling logic circuitry for functional operations...Right down to the VCC and VPP issues of the removable flash receiving socket..This power coupling allows for a much more fault tolerant system than prior art dealing with flash VCC/VPP issues, this alone should satisfy the examiner.

The major MOSFET's, utilizing Micro-controller power, operate "independent of the gates" of the periphery MOSFET's powered by a separate independent reference power source, or a relay condition.

As Gurries notes...."As explained in ยง B below, the microprocessor and power out lines 61, 62 and 63 that control MOSFET switches 64, 65 and 66 play an important role in performing record and playback functional operations with respect to [...] other regulated components of the record/playback device."

I will continue reading and highlighting his considerations as time permits, for now.... I'm out of time.

doni

New Message
Please login to post a reply